Copper has a high level of electrical conductivity
Electrical applications are used in all parts of the world, and in more or less all industries. In todays world, there is a huge demand for power, through electrical energy. This energy is created in huge powerplant, and transported hundred of kilometers, before use, in workplaces or homes, arround the globe. The power is created in very high voltage, and has to be lowered, before used by the private consumer. In all of these processes copper, and copper-based alloys, plays an important role.
Due to the need of safe and economic distribution of electrical energy, copper alloys are used ind major part of electrical aplications. Apart from silver, copper has the highest electrical conductivity, of all metals. Furthermore, copper has great corrosion resistance, ductility and is fairly easy to work with.
High and Medium Voltage installations:
In High and Medium Voltage applications, copper is used in several different forms:
- Copper Strips for transformers, circuit breakers, switchgears and more.
- Copper bars/rods, where higher Amps. Are requested. (e.g. in windmills or electrical powerplants)
- In form of customized solutions.
- Special profiles
- Customized, pre fabricated bus bars
- Customized cable solutions
Low voltage installations:
Even though it is not visible, copper and copper based alloys, are used in most parts of our homes and workplaces.The electrical components are mainly made of copper and copper based alloys, like brass and bronze. Copper allpys are used, with and without surface treating such as tin, nickel or silver treatment.
- Circuit breakers in electrical panels and fuse boxes.
- Switches, plugs
- electrical contacts and lamps
- Batteries and other power supplies
At MCD we can offer a complete program of Copper alloys in:
READ MORE ABOUT OUR CUSTOMIZED SOLUTIONS: